In support of various COL education initiatives in sub-Saharan Africa and in the Pacific Island countries, Saide has been commissioned to work with institutions and government ministries to enhance access to quality education, including supporting:
- Universities and open schools to design online and blended learning courses and to use appropriate technology for teaching and learning. For example, at one university, Saide supported the institution to redesign five modules for online delivery and to develop quality assurance rubrics.
- Institutions to develop quality assurance policies in using educational technology and in embracing employability.
- Education ministries to strengthen Open, Distance and Flexible Learning (ODFL) systems.
- Programme development and course design
- Policy development and systemic reviews
- Educational technology
- Open Educational Resources (OER)
- Quality assurance/ Quality systems and criteria
19 Ameshoff Street,